Procurement Manager, Nigeria (Remote)
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
Title: Manager, Procurement
Location: Africa (ONLY Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Ghana, Rwanda, Egypt)
Experience: 7+ years
We are seeking a Manager, Procurement who will lead the Procurement team to provide cost-efficient, timely and best-in-class infrastructural support and solutions that will enable the team to deliver excellent results to internal and external customers.
Key competencies required for this role include:
- Own the vision: Builds engagement and enthusiasm by uniting the team with a compelling sense of purpose and a clear direction that everyone can relate to
- Connect to the customer: Consistently anchors the team’s work to customer needs in order to shift day-to-day focus to a service orientation
- Communicate effectively: Builds shared understanding for team and stakeholders by simplifying complex ideas, listening to other’s viewpoints, and adjusting communication style accordingly
- Collaborate to Influence: Proactively connects with cross-functional teams to achieve results and makes a compelling case to move others to act through data and subject matter expertise
- Set standards and takes accountability: Builds a culture focused on creating business impact by translating the team’s strategy into clearly defined performance standards tracked consistently to ensure the team is moving in the right direction
- Develop talent: Promotes a culture of feedback, delegation, autonomy and support to build a safe place for contributors to learn and perform their best work
- Foster a growth mindset: Builds a culture focused on the team’s overall development by consistently working with contributors to assess skill gaps and helping them build their growth paths
- Build an empowered self: Role models by actively seeking feedback from others and looking for new ways to grow and be challenged
- Developing sound, cost-effective strategies for the goods or services used in the business
- Evaluating spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance service delivery
- Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements
- Conducting cost analysis and setting benchmarks for improvement
- Negotiate contracts, terms and deadlines with vendors and suppliers
- Monitor and update relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing
- Process purchase orders to acquire goods
- Work closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favourable to the company
- Attend meetings with the legal team, engineering team, vendors and suppliers
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or relevant field
- At least seven years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience working in the operations field
- Experience in project management and data analysis, tools (excel, google sheets) and reporting is a plus
- Proficient in G-Suite tools (docs, slides, sheets, etc.)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Knowledgeable on request management tools (Zendesk etc.)
- Experience working on global teams in a fast-paced environment
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.