Accounting & Finance
Lehi, UT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Clozd is a leading provider of technology and services for win-loss analysis. We help our clients uncover the truth about why they win and lose - so they can hone product strategy, refine messaging, enable sales, foster strategic alignment, and win more.
We need team members who can tackle ambiguity, solve complex problems, and delight customers. We hire dynamic employees who take initiative, find ways to simplify and scale, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, value humility and learning, crave a fast-paced startup environment and never compromise their integrity.
As the Controller, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing all aspects of financial management, ensuring accuracy, integrity, and compliance. You will serve as a strategic partner to the head of finance and other department heads, providing insights, guiding financial decisions, and implementing effective controls and processes to support the company's growth objectives.
Join Clozd and be part of a talented team that is revolutionizing the Win-loss SaaS industry. If you are a strategic-minded finance professional with a passion for driving business success, we want to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Thought Partnership: Collaborate closely with the head of finance and department heads, serving as a trusted advisor and thought partner in strategic decision-making.
- Accounting Processes: Take ownership of all accounting processes, including order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, financial statement close, payroll, shareholder services, and cash management (Treasury).
- Technology Stack Ownership: Manage and optimize the accounting tech stack, including NetSuite, Bill/Divvy, Paylocity, Carta, etc., to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Process Refinement and Automation: Continuously refine and automate accounting processes to improve efficiency, accuracy, and scalability.
- Technical Accounting Research: Stay updated on technical accounting topics and provide guidance on complex accounting issues as they arise.
- Audit Preparation and Guidance: Prepare and guide the company through audits, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and providing necessary support to auditors.
- Tax Management: Oversee tax compliance and planning activities, working closely with external tax advisors to optimize tax strategies and minimize risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of accounting experience - a mix of public and industry preferred
- Sound understanding of GAAP and capable of researching topics
- Experience with NetSuite and SFDC is preferred
- Self-starter and confident taking sole ownership of the accounting function
- Competitive compensation (i.e. salary, bonus, 401k, and equity)
- Medical, dental, disability, life, etc. heavily subsidized by Clozd
- Unlimited PTO with leadership that encourages taking time off
- 10 paid holidays and company shutdown between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens, quarterly company/department activities, maternity/paternity leave, EAP program, etc.
Clozd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Clozd does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Clozd participates in E-Verify.
All Clozd employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.