Content Creator, Host Education
Lehi, UT, USA
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
At Neighbor, our vision is to bring communities together by solving our neighbors’ biggest challenges.
We’re building the largest hyperlocal marketplace the world has seen. We’ve raised over $65 million from top-tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and the creators of DoorDash, Airbnb, and Uber. Our marketplace is already flourishing in all 50 states and we’re just getting started! To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote after leading Neighbor’s Series A.
We are seeking an exceptional and charismatic content creator to join our team and lead Neighbor efforts to produce host education videos. Neighbor hosts are entrepreneurs building mini storage empires. This role is critical to evangelizing Neighbor and educating our hosts how to maximize their potential. The Creator, Host Education will initially report to our VP of Marketing, and then our Head of Brand & Creative.
What You'll Do
- Be the face of host content, appearing on-camera in education videos teaching our host how to be successful
- Build a content studio from scratch in a conference room at Neighbor HQ
- Produce, direct, and edit videos from initial idea to publish and iteration
- Collaborate with the team to create content pillars and build distribution channels
- Interview power hosts, product managers, and Neighbor leadership, sharing tips and evangelizing Neighbor to existing and prospective hosts
- Partnering with our social/community manager to convene host community events, online and in-person
- Collaborate with the marketing team and help lead larger-scale video productions, including with celebrity partners
- Collaborate with the sales team, producing enterprise oriented content to support B2B sales efforts
- As Neighbor grows, recruit and scale an in-house production team
- 5+ years of experience in front and behind the camera, successfully producing and editing videos from initial concept through publish
- Charismatic personality with the ability to engage audiences on camera and grow social followers
- Relentless drive to tell stories, inspire, and educate (innate sense of urgency)
- Excellent communication skills, both direct to camera and via interviews
- Strong video editing skills, and in-depth knowledge of production techniques
- Lifelong learner with genuine curiosity, focus on self-growth, and pulse on the culture
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with a bias towards action
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- (Bonus) Motion graphics skills
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Hybrid work model - WFH every Monday
- 401(k) plan
- Infant care leave
- On-site gym/showers open 24/7
Neighbor is a marketplace where people with extra space in /around their home connect with people in need of storage. At 50% the cost of traditional self-storage, Neighbor provides affordable storage to renters and the ability for hosts to monetize unused space. Come help us disrupt the $40 Billion Dollar self-storage industry!
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, VC-backed tech startup. You will be part of a fun, collaborative and inclusive team of innovative, talented, and motivated individuals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at [email protected]. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Neighbor!