Human Resources Intern
People & HR
Lehi, UT, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2021
At Neighbor, our vision is to bring communities together by solving our neighbors’ biggest challenges.
We’re building the largest hyperlocal marketplace the world has seen. We’ve raised over $65 million from top-tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and the creators of DoorDash, Airbnb, and Uber. Our marketplace is already flourishing in all 50 states and we’re just getting started! To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote after leading Neighbor’s Series A.
We’re looking for a Human Resources Intern to join the People team! This is a unique opportunity to get hands-on HR experience at a Utah-based tech company in its early stages. Our biggest need is recruiting and the internship will focus primarily on helping Neighbor hire exceptional talent. This internship will expose you to all aspects of HR including onboarding, employee experience, learning and development, compensation, and benefits.
This is a part-time paid internship during the Fall 2023 semester. Applicants should be based in Utah and would be expected to come to the office regularly. We are willing to work around your school schedule.
- Coordinate interviews for Neighbor candidates in an efficient manner
- List job postings to relevant job boards, and re-posting as necessary
- Manage communications for all candidates currently in the pipeline at Neighbor, focusing on engagement
- Source both active and passive candidates utilizing creative strategies and techniques
- Add candidates from external job boards to the ATS
- Enable hiring managers to successfully utilize recruiting tools
- Conduct phone screens for selected roles
- Establish Neighbor’s recruiting brand internally and our employer brand externally
- Help new hires have an exceptional onboarding experience
- Additional projects in other areas of HR (based on company need and your interests)
- Currently an HR major or have a demonstrated interest in Human Resources
- Confident, coachable, and enthusiastic team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Strong calendar management skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Consultative and relationship-motivated
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at [email protected]. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Neighbor!