LiveLab Instructor (Data Analytics)
At Podium Education, we believe that higher education should be a great return on investment, for every student, regardless of major.
To that end, we build tech bootcamp-style courses, in partnership with universities, ensuring any undergraduate student, especially those with a liberal arts background, have in-demand skills that lead to great employment outcomes.
To serve more students, we are expanding our instructional team with opportunities for Instructors in our online Data Analytics experience, led by Dr. Robert Alvarez. This role is about helping students engage and learn through the course materials by facilitating live, online lectures we call LiveLabs. Approximately 15-20 hours per week.
Rockstar teacher and facilitator who:
- Will incorporate their passion for Data Analytics and their “real-world” experiences into the learning topics provided, and online lectures.
- Has high energy and is able to convey passion for Data Analytics to a large live and online audience (100-200 students).
- Supports student learning through a weekly Study Hall.
- Is hyper focused on helping students succeed and will be an active member of a teaching team – consisting of Instructor Associates and Program Advisors – that works together to own the success of our students.
- Experience teaching or tutoring Data Analytics (3+ terms)
- Experience learning applied technical skills professionally or in a bootcamp, preferred.
- University or equivalent education in a related field such as Data Analysis, Data Science, or Statistics; or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent verbal communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with Exploratory Data Analysis and tools such as Tableau, Excel and SQL.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary at $10,000 per semester
- Additional earning potential with outcomes based bonus plan
- Opportunity for career growth
- Talented and intelligent co-workers
Podium Education is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other legally protected status.
Our goal is to provide an inclusive, welcoming, and accessible experience for all qualified individuals. If reasonable accommodation is needed throughout the hiring process, please let your Podium Education contact/recruiter know.
Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you’re interested in this work.