Team Lead (Coding for Data)
At Podium Education, we believe that higher education should be a great return on investment, for every student, regardless of major.
To that end, we build tech bootcamp-style courses, in partnership with universities, ensuring any undergraduate student, especially those with a liberal arts background, have in-demand skills that lead to great employment outcomes.
To serve more students, we are expanding our instructional team with opportunities for Team Leads in our online Coding for Data experience, led by Dr. Robert Alvarez. This role is about helping a Team of students within a course engage and achieve mastery through the course materials. Approximately 15-20 working hours per week.
Rockstar teaching assistant who:
- Is hyper focused on helping students succeed and will be an active member of a teaching team – consisting of a Lead Instructor and Program Advisors – that works together to own the success of our students.
- Supports the Lead Instructor in delivering engaging applied lessons within a live online medium. Having high energy and ability to convey passion for Data Analytics to their Team of 45 students.
- Guides students to achieving their goals through supportive coaching and timely feedback on assignments and projects.
- Supports student learning through tutoring and office hours.
- Experience teaching, TA-ing, or tutoring Data Analytics (1+ term(s))
- University or equivalent education in a related field such as Data Analysis, Data Science, or Statistics; or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent verbal communication and teamwork skills.
- Comfortable leading and facilitating student group work of up to 45 students.
- Experience with Exploratory Data Analysis and tools such as Tableau, Excel, SQL, and Python (including NumPy, Plotly, and Pandas).
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary at $4,500 per semester
- Additional earning potential with outcomes based bonus plan
- Opportunity for career growth
- Talented and intelligent co-workers
Podium Education is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other legally protected status.
Our goal is to provide an inclusive, welcoming, and accessible experience for all qualified individuals. If reasonable accommodation is needed throughout the hiring process, please let your Podium Education contact/recruiter know.
Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you’re interested in this work.