LiveLab Instructor (Coding for Data)
At Podium Education we believe every student deserves opportunities to develop in-demand skills that pave the way to a successful career. Through our flagship program, The Global Tech Experience, we partner with universities to offer students credit-bearing online courses that ensure they are career-ready.
We are expanding our teaching team to meet the demands of our growing student population with opportunities for LiveLab Instructors in our online Coding for Data Track, led by NASA Artificial Intelligence Advisor Dr. Robert Alvarez. This role helps students engage and learn through the Track materials by facilitating live, online Zoom sessions we call LiveLabs. The time commitment is approximately 10-15 working hours per week.
Rockstar teacher and facilitator who:
- Will leverage their passion for data science and their “real-world” experiences into inspiring and empowering a diverse population of students with varying prior experience (from data science majors to curious coders).
- Has high energy and is able to convey passion for data science to a live online audience (LiveLabs with ~100-200 students).
- Is hyper-focused on helping students succeed and will be an active member of the teaching team – consisting of Team Leads and Success Coaches – that work together to own the success of our students.
- Experience teaching or tutoring data science (3+ terms).
- Experience learning applied technical skills professionally or in a bootcamp, preferred.
- University or equivalent education in a related field such as data analysis, data science, or statistics; or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent verbal communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with exploratory data analysis and tools such as Tableau, Excel, SQL and Python (including NumPy, Plotly, and Pandas).
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary at $10,000 per semester
- Additional earning potential with outcomes based bonus plan
- Opportunity for career growth
- Talented and intelligent co-workers
Podium Education is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other legally protected status.
Our goal is to provide an inclusive, welcoming, and accessible experience for all qualified individuals. If reasonable accommodation is needed throughout the hiring process, please let your Podium Education contact/recruiter know.
Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you’re interested in this work.