People Operations Generalist
People Operations Generalist
Who We Are
Podium is one of the fastest growing education companies in the world. Founded by EdTech leaders that have built and led some of the largest & most impactful companies in the industry, we firmly believe that the team you build is the company you build. Working at Podium, you’ll have the opportunity to make a massive impact on the company and the universities that we partner with.
What We Do
At Podium Education, we believe a college degree should result in a great career for each and every student, regardless of major and background. To that end, we build experiential learning programs in partnership with colleges and universities that prepare students for the workforce by teaching real in-demand tech & intercultural skills. Our flagship program is the Global Tech Experience (here’s an example: https://www.globaltech.asu.edu/) which runs at 50+ universities around the country.
We are looking for a People Operations Generalist to join our Department. This is a dynamic, fast paced role covering the full umbrella of People Operations. If you are looking to accelerate your career within People Operations, this is the perfect role. You will help with recruiting, onboarding, internal employee relations and various People Ops tasks. You will work closely with team members across all departments and be able to develop relationships with a wide range of talented individuals. This is a high growth role, with the opportunity to learn a wide range of People Ops skills.
This is a great opportunity to directly contribute to the growth and success of a dynamic company.
- Manage full recruiting cycle for all full-time hiring
- Support onboarding, equipment preparation and welcoming of new hires
- Maintain team member personnel files, documentation, and communications to ensure they are current, accurate, and complete
- Department housekeeping: ensure all People Ops material is up to date including company documents, employee pages in Rippling, HR process documentation, etc.
- Contribute and support all People Ops projects and initiatives like annual Open Enrollment, Performance Reviews, Engagement Surveys, Training, DEI Community groups, etc.
- Provide suggestions and support with activities that drive employee engagement, talent development, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives
- Respond to a variety of ad hoc requests to ensure smooth HR operations across all departments
- Support our office manager in company events, office management tasks and ensuring our office is running smoothly
- 2-4 years of recruiting and hr experience
- A successful team member in this role will work well in a fast paced environment and with a high level of ambiguity
- Self-starter and eager to learn
- Be able to build great professional relationships with Podium team members and work well with a diverse group of people and work-styles
- High level of integrity and understanding of employee and company confidentiality
- Excitement and enthusiasm for planning and executing tasks or events
- Anticipation and situational awareness to solve challenges before they become problems
- High level of Emotional Intelligence to take on the day to day challenges that arrive in People Operations
This role is remote-flexible, however we would prefer you be located in Austin and available to come into the office 3 days a week. We are located on South Congress Ave (next door to Allen’s Boots!) and would love to have you in the office!
- 401k, Health, Vision and Dental insurance packages
- Short term disability insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Discounted GymPass Membership
- Access to 3 Mental Health Applications
- 8 Company-Paid for Therapy Sessions
- Free access to upskill through our Global Experiential Programs
- Excellent Birthing and Bonding Leave policies
- Happy hours with the local Austin team
- Monthly team events and half days every first Friday of the month
- Extremely talented and intelligent co-workers
- A massive impact on universities and the lives of others, every single day
Podium Education is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other legally protected status.
Our goal is to provide an inclusive, welcoming, and accessible experience for all qualified individuals. If reasonable accommodation is needed throughout the hiring process, please let your Podium Education contact/recruiter know.
Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you’re interested in this work.