Director of Information Security
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium, local businesses can simplify the way they communicate with their customers—from collecting payments to facilitating online reviews to launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride. Does that sound like you?
We are looking for a senior leader for Podium’s Information Security team. This role reports directly to the CTO. As the Director of Information Security at Podium, you will lead Podium’s efforts to protect our customer and employee data from compromise. You will lead our existing security teams to help identify and prioritize risks across the business; driving the roadmap and vision that mitigates those risks.
What you will be doing:
- Understand the security and compliance needs of the overall business and align strategy and security tech stack to those objectives
- Communicate security risks, incidents, and security metrics to senior leadership and other stakeholders
- Consult across the business to provide best security practices in various scenarios and needs
- Assist in Incident Response, be the commander of high-profile incidents
- Manage security budget, resources, and project plans
- Lead Security teams: IT Security, Infrastructure (Cloud) Security, Security Operations, and Security Development
What you should have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role in information security, and 10+ total years of security experience, preferably in SaaS environments
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a STEM-related field
- Strong understanding of security best practices, frameworks and regulations such as SOC2, ISO27001, NIST, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS
- Strong understanding of cloud and containerized environments, and experience implementing security controls to protect them
- Experience in IT security, network security, threat management, and incident response
- In-depth experience with web application frameworks like OWASP, and knowledge on building a secure software development lifecycle
- Strong leadership, communication, project, and people management skills
What we hope you have:
- A technical background with hands-on experience in Security Engineering
- CISSP, CISM, or other relevant security certifications
- A strong passion for the field of Security and involvement in the Security community
- Passion for leading technical and self-motivated individuals
- Open and transparent culture - Checkout this video to see what it’s like to work at Podium
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.