Technical Solutions Lead, Phones
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium, local businesses can simplify the way they communicate with their customers—from collecting payments to facilitating online reviews to launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride. Does that sound like you?
The Technical Solutions Lead will be a critical part of scaling Phones and hardware at Podium. This role will be responsible for building our operational processes around customer network evaluation and improvement, network and telephony troubleshooting, and providing thought leadership and expertise on VoIP and telephony to cross-functional teams throughout Podium.
From time to time this role may also assist with communicating the technical specifications and network requirements of our phone products and to potential customers.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must, in addition to being a technical expert with the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot cloud-based VoIP solutions systems and related software for Podium customers.
- Serve as the company SME on telephony, VoIP, and networking
- Own a program focused on building and iterating on Podium's recommended hardware and network requirements for new customers
- Partner with Sales and Onboarding to develop network evaluation criteria to ensure customers are set up for success with Podium Phones from day 1
- Develop standardized product and network troubleshooting processes and documentation for Onboarding and Support teams including escalation paths
- Serve as an escalation point for difficult-to-diagnose technical issues related to Phones, especially with respect to network and connectivity problems
- Work closely with Engineering and Product teams to provide feedback on customer needs and product improvements
- 5+ years of experience in VoIP technical /network support or related field
- Proven technical knowledge in phone systems, VoIP, and network connectivity
- Familiarity with VoIP protocols such as SIP, RTP, and RTCP
- Experience troubleshooting VoIP quality issues such as jitter, latency, packet loss, and echo
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and protocols, including LAN, WAN, VLAN, and QoS
- CCNA certification or other network certifications a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate complex information in a clear and simple way
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to changing environments
- Willingness to travel as needed (trade shows, customer locations)
- Open and transparent culture - Checkout this video to see what it’s like to work at Podium
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.