Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium, local businesses can simplify the way they communicate with their customers—from collecting payments to facilitating online reviews to launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride. Does that sound like you?
As an Account Manager, you will work cross functionally, engaging with many teams across Podium including sales, product, marketing, finance and strategy. This role will predominantly focus on upselling, cross-selling & building multi-stakeholder relationships with your portfolio of customers. Additionally, you will be responsible for the initial implementation and onboarding of new customer accounts. Ideally, you will be equally driven by a customer-centric mentality as well as a desire to close expansion revenue.
What you will be doing:
- Spearhead the growth & adoption of small business accounts at Podium
- Uncover new opportunities from our existing customers and target accounts
- Build deep relationships with your portfolio to best understand their needs and provide value based solutions utilising our range of products and services
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively managing your pipeline of opportunities and weekly sales forecasts
- Conduct warm handoffs in partnership with AE’s as new customers join your portfolio
- Be a product expert and understand all setup requirements for each product and application to drive value
What you should have:
- You have 1-3 years of CX/CS experience, ideally with some experience in closing revenue, be that expansion or new business
- You have a deep understanding of the marketing technology industry and key players
- Some account management experience - identifying at risk customers, driving product adoption and usage, activating existing clients.
- You have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing and evolving work environment
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Great problem-solving skills, taking a consultative approach to finding the best solution.
What we bring:
- Real growth and career development opportunities, we’re still young in Australia with plenty of room to grow.
- A unique product that makes an actual impact on the local businesses you love and support.
- Attractive base + super and commissions package - uncapped earnings.
- Equity/stock options for all employees - 'Be a Founder' and be rewarded as one at Podium.
- A generous $600 monthly ‘Benefits & Wellbeing’ allowance, spent how you please
- Free snacks and drinks, which are always stocked up.
- You'll find Podium in the Queen & Collins building with access to end of trip facilities, bike storage and lockers, a cocktail bar and a brand new Podium Australia HQ.