Field Customer Success Manager I (Phoenix, AZ)
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium, local businesses can simplify the way they communicate with their customers—from collecting payments to facilitating online reviews to launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride. Does that sound like you?
As a Field Customer Success Manager I, you will own the success and health for a segment of Podium’s small business customers in the Phoenix metropolitan area. You will proactively develop strategies that increase engagement and delight customers while mitigating churn. Your role will entail forming a dynamic partnership with your portfolio customers throughout their Podium journey. You will actively engage with customers through face-to-face interactions, empathetic listening, and collaborative efforts to ensure they get the most out of Podium’s Interaction Management platform to meet their business goals. You will ensure customer satisfaction, manage product adoption, and effectively accelerate value for our customers. It’s essential to note that this role will require extensive travel across the Phoenix region to personally meet onsite with customers.
What you will be doing:
- Visit customers onsite at their business locations to establish stronger relationships and gain firsthand insights into their operational dynamics
- Serve as the primary post-sales point of contact for a variety of small business customers
- Utilize in-depth product and industry knowledge to drive and increase adoption and utilization of podium products
- Help customers achieve maximum value from products and achieve business objectives
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for upselling and cross-selling within existing accounts and partner with expansion account manager to execute growth sales cycle
- Proactively engage with customers during the renewal process to secure renewals and drive customer retention.
- Develop a deep understanding of each customer's business objectives and industry challenges.
- Regularly conduct check-ins to assess customer satisfaction, identify opportunities for improvement, and offer solutions to optimize their usage
- Act as the primary point of contact for customer inquiries, issues, and escalations. Proactively anticipate and address potential challenges to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and become a trusted advisor. Act as a customer advocate within the company, relaying feedback to the product and engineering teams to drive continuous improvement.
What you should have:
- 1+ years in a customer-facing role, such as Customer Success Manager, Account Manager, or Client Services Manager, preferably in the software or SaaS industry
- Experience or willingness to work onsite with customers
- Reliable transportation that will allow you to travel across the Phoenix metropolitan area up to 40% of the time
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and credibility with customers at all levels
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities to understand and address customer challenges effectively
- Technically adept and able to grasp complex software concepts quickly
- Empathetic and customer-centric mindset, committed to driving customer success
- Results-driven with a focus on meeting and exceeding customer satisfaction and retention goals
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work cross-functionally to achieve common objectives
What we hope you have:
- Experience with customer success platforms and tools
- Familiarity with CRM and customer support software
- Knowledge of online reputation management and customer feedback processes
- Open and transparent culture - Checkout this video to see what it’s like to work at Podium
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Gas and travel reimbursement when meeting with customers in-person
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.