Manager, Product Support
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium, local businesses can simplify the way they communicate with their customers—from collecting payments to facilitating online reviews to launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride. Does that sound like you?
The Frontline Product Support Team Manager will lead a dedicated team of Product Support Specialists in delivering outstanding support for Podium's suite of products. This role demands technical acumen, exceptional leadership skills, and a strong dedication to continuously improving and advocating for the customer experience. The ideal candidate will excel in ambiguous situations and be skilled at creating new processes to improve efficiency and ultimately improve customer service quality; experience with Networking & VoIP is a plus!
What You Will Do:
- Hire, coach, and develop team members on delivering top results through soft skill, best practice, and product expertise execution
- Lead a team of 7-10 Product Support Specialists, focusing on performance, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Serve as the escalation point for complex product issues and customer complaints.
- Develop, implement, and enforce best practices and new processes in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Monitor, analyze, and exceed KPI performance requirements such as First Response Time, Customer Satisfaction Score, and Resolution Time
- Establish yourself as an expert resource on the Podium product, process improvement, and serve as an escalation point for customer issues or feedback
- Empower your team through one on one coaching and development, regularly providing actionable feedback and career development coaching
- Serve as guardian of the support operation through monitoring, forecasting, and driving accountability for team availability and staffing to ensure consistent customer coverage.
- Develop smart, innovative solutions to continually drive efficiency while enhancing customer experience
- Embrace accountability and a tenacity for progress, ensuring this team and our services are strategic advantages in a competitive marketplace
How you will be measured:
- Your team’s performance on key metrics: customer satisfaction, case resolution and contributions, and overall customer impact
- Your individual contributions to furthering Podium’s relationship with customers through:
- Ideating new initiatives, working cross-functionally with other departments
- Finding/creating opportunities for org-wide people or process improvement
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Business, IT, Psychology, Arts & Humanity, or Communication major (or applicable work experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product support, with at least 3 years in a management role
- Strong technical understanding of Podium’s product offerings or similar SaaS platforms.
- Proven ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and adept at building out processes
- Strong leadership skills, with a track record of motivating high-performing teams
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- An analytical and data-oriented approach to problem-solving with experience improving or driving more efficiency in processes
Nice to have:
- Experience managing large teams and cross-functional partnership
- Experience managing a high volume of tickets/cases
- Strong understanding of SalesForce - Service Cloud and support workflows
- Familiarity with modern web services, APIs and scripting languages
- Customer-facing experience in a software or services company
- Experience with VoIP Phones and networks, specifically troubleshooting
- Open and transparent culture - Checkout this video to see what it’s like to work at Podium
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.