Customer Success Manager I - SMB
At Podium, our mission is to help local businesses win. Our lead conversion platform, powered by AI and integrations, helps local businesses convert leads faster, communicate easier, and make more sales. Every day, thousands of local businesses utilize our review management, communication, marketing, and payments products.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
At Podium, we believe in fostering a culture that thrives on hiring and developing exceptional talent. Our operating principles serve as a compass, guiding daily behavior and decision-making, and ensure we hire people who will thrive at Podium. If you resonate with our operating principles and are energized by our mission, Podium will be a great place for you!
As a Customer Success Manager I (SMB), you will own the success and health for a segment of Podium’s small business customers. You will develop strategies that increase engagement and delight customers while mitigating churn. You’ll partner with your portfolio customers throughout their Podium journey by listening, understanding and collaborating to ensure they get the most out of Podium’s Interaction Management platform and deliver their business goals. You will ensure customer satisfaction, manage product adoption, and effectively accelerate value for our customers.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as the primary post-sales point of contact for a variety of small business customers
- Utilize in-depth product and industry knowledge to drive and increase adoption and utilization of podium products
- Help customers achieve maximum value from products and achieve business objectives
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for upselling and cross-selling within existing accounts
- Proactively engage with customers during the renewal process to secure renewals and drive customer retention.
- Develop a deep understanding of each customer's business objectives and industry challenges. Regularly conduct check-ins to assess customer satisfaction, identify opportunities for improvement, and offer solutions to optimize their usage
- Act as the primary point of contact for customer inquiries, issues, and escalations. Proactively anticipate and address potential challenges to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and become a trusted advisor. Act as a customer advocate within the company, relaying feedback to the product and engineering teams to drive continuous improvement.
What you should have:
- 1+ years in a customer-facing role, such as Customer Success Manager, Account Manager, or Client Services Manager, preferably in the software or SaaS industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and credibility with customers at all levels.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities to understand and address customer challenges effectively.
- Technically adept and able to grasp complex software concepts quickly
- Empathetic and customer-centric mindset, committed to driving customer success
- Results-driven with a focus on meeting and exceeding customer satisfaction and retention goals.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work cross-functionally to achieve common objectives.
What we hope you have:
- Experience with customer success platforms and tools.
- Familiarity with CRM and customer support software.
- Knowledge of online reputation management and customer feedback processes.
- Open and transparent culture
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.