Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
At Podium, our mission is to help local businesses win. Our lead conversion platform, powered by AI and integrations, helps local businesses convert leads faster, communicate easier, and make more sales. Every day, thousands of local businesses utilize our review management, communication, marketing, and payments products.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
At Podium, we believe in fostering a culture that thrives on hiring and developing exceptional talent. Our operating principles serve as a compass, guiding daily behavior and decision-making, and ensure we hire people who will thrive at Podium. If you resonate with our operating principles and are energized by our mission, Podium will be a great place for you!
The Director of FP&A is responsible for working closely with senior leadership and functional leaders to plan, forecast, analyze, and ultimately drive business performance. This individual guides the annual planning and budgeting processes, monthly and quarterly forecasting, key business metrics reporting and analysis, modeling and analytical support of growth and business improvement opportunities. The role requires strong collaboration and communication skills, both written and verbal, to help senior leadership align, buy-in, commit and execute. This individual will also be heavily involved with the development and preparation of board and investor presentations. If you are someone who is passionate about building a business, values efficiency and creative problem-solving using financial/quantitative metrics, and thrives in a fast-paced, open environment, then this is the right role for you!
- Forecasting: Lead and facilitate cross-functional coordination of budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and business performance improvement efforts (monthly/qtrly/annual).
- Assist in the strategic planning process and long term financial, acquisition, and investment modeling.
- Key Metric Reporting: Prepare monthly reporting packages and other ad hoc reports (Board meetings, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders including key metrics, financial results, variance analysis and commentary. Identify process improvements and utilize influence and communication skills to recommend opportunities or corrective action
- Interpret results and develop financial models to identify opportunities and/or contingency plans.
- Analyze COGS, pricing, inventory, product/category margin, capital expenditures, product mix, or other key business drivers to quantify projected impact or opportunities.
Conduct ROI analysis of marketing, product, cost savings, or promotion initiatives.
- Finance Systems Oversight: Oversee and ensure all financial reporting systems and forecasting tools remain updated; ongoing maintenance & enhancements
- Adaptive planning experience is required
- Strategic Partnership: Partner closely with department heads to identify and analyze opportunities and risks to revenue and cost goals. Act as a strategic advisor, fostering data-driven decision-making across various departments, including Sales, Product, Engineering, Business Development, and HR.
- Assist in the development of policies and processes for financial operations control and reporting..
- Management: Oversee and continue to develop and mentor a team 2 managers and 4+ analysts
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Educational Background: A BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, or a similar quantitative discipline.
- Experience: 7+ years of financial analysis experience with a thorough understanding of financial statements and budget/forecasting cycles
- Created / Maintained full cycle budget process for mid-sized companies .
- 3+ years previous supervisory experience required
- Analytical Skills: Advanced analytical skills and proficient with Excel, Adaptive, Salesforce, and reporting tools such as Tableau/ Domo.
- Ownership Mentality: Think like an owner. Demonstrate the ability to take ownership and initiative within the tasks assigned to you. Work effectively and independently to drive results.
- Work Ethic: Exhibit a strong work ethic, a high sense of urgency, and the ability to deliver results within tight timelines.
- Communication Skills: Possess excellent and proactive communication skills with the ability to build and foster relationships with business partners.
- Open and transparent culture
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan with competitive company matching
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.