Site Reliability Engineer
At Podium, our mission is to help local businesses win. Our lead conversion platform, powered by AI and integrations, helps local businesses convert leads faster, communicate easier, and make more sales. Every day, thousands of local businesses utilize our review management, communication, marketing, and payments products.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
At Podium, we believe in fostering a culture that thrives on hiring and developing exceptional talent. Our operating principles serve as a compass, guiding daily behavior and decision-making, and ensure we hire people who will thrive at Podium. If you resonate with our operating principles and are energized by our mission, Podium will be a great place for you!
A Site Reliability Engineer borders the worlds of software engineering and systems engineering. At Podium, the SRE team drives our products to success by building a stable, scalable, sustainable, and slick system. We permanently sit and sup with the product engineering teams to address all of their needs, and work as an SRE guild to build a world-class platform for our products to run on. We're currently targeting a senior SRE to come in and deliver impact from day one.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the following technologies: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, AWS, Terraform, Datadog, Prometheus, Ansible, StrongDM, Python, Go, Ruby, GitLab and GitLab CI.
- Engaging with Podium's engineering community to identify potential areas of improvement or pain points and making Podium's systems safer and more pleasant to operate.
- Participating in an on-call rotation for the services the team owns, triaging and addressing production as well as development issues.
- Working cross-functionally with different teams to make sure that there is no down time for our products.
- Mentoring junior engineers on the team.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or relevant work experience.
- 4+ years experience working alongside a production system in either a software engineer or systems engineer type role
- 3+ years deploying, operating and debugging server software on Linux
- Curiosity and the desire to learn
- Ability to take a rotating on-call shift
What we hope you have:
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Practical knowledge of system design
- Cloud computing, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- SOC2, HIPAA, PCI, or other regulatory or compliance standards
- Building and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline
- Heavy Infrastructure experience
- Open and transparent culture - Checkout this video to see what it’s like to work at Podium
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.