Field Account Executive
At Podium, our mission is to help local businesses win. Our lead conversion platform, powered by AI and integrations, helps local businesses convert leads faster, communicate easier, and make more sales. Every day, thousands of local businesses utilize our review management, communication, marketing, and payments products.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
At Podium, we believe in fostering a culture that thrives on hiring and developing exceptional talent. Our operating principles serve as a compass, guiding daily behavior and decision-making, and ensure we hire people who will thrive at Podium. If you resonate with our operating principles and are energized by our mission, Podium will be a great place for you!
The Field Sales Account Executive facilitates field sales of Podium’s software offerings to prospective customers in an assigned territory with the primary focus on new customer acquisition. This role requires leveraging existing relationships, and developing new relationships, and acting as a trusted business partner to deeply understand the unique company challenges and goals. This person will manage a specific territory in the greater Melbourne area and is expected to be organised and communicative with a Founder’s mentality.
What you will be doing:
- Successfully close new business through relationship based selling
- Master the ability to evangelise the Podium story
- Achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly quotas
- Align Podium solutions with prospect business objectives/needs
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Collaborate effectively with the account management team and others to drive new business
- Proactively keep abreast of our industry and the technology landscape to ensure you are a trusted resource to prospects
- Prospect and set appointments from both an inside and outside sales motion.
- Assist with consumer engagement events and activities within the designated territory
- Attend trade shows as determined necessary by management
- Provide feedback to management on progress and opportunity within the territory
What you’ll bring:
- 1+ years of territory sales or Business Development experience.
- Engaging, persuasive, and approachable personality.
- Valid drivers' license
- Well organised, determined, motivated, and a hunter mentality.
- Possess strong knowledge of sales techniques and processes
- Experience with customer-facing, fact-based selling strategies (inside and outside sales).
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Readiness to travel to customers, targets, and industry events.
What we bring:
- Real growth and career development opportunities, we’re still young in Australia with plenty of room to grow.
- A unique product that makes an actual impact on the local businesses you love and support.
- Attractive base + super and commissions package - uncapped earnings.
- Generous car allowance
- Equity/stock options for all employees - 'Be a Founder' and be rewarded as one at Podium.
- A generous $600 monthly ‘Benefits & Wellbeing’ allowance, spent how you please
- Free snacks and drinks, which are always stocked up.
- You'll find Podium in the Queen & Collins building with access to end of trip facilities, bike storage, lockers and a brand new Podium Australia HQ.