Security Operations Engineer
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium, local businesses can simplify the way they communicate with their customers—from collecting payments to facilitating online reviews to launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride. Does that sound like you?
We are looking for a Security Operations Engineer to join our Security team and help improve our detection capabilities here at Podium. We’re looking for someone with past SOC experience who can help us improve the systems and processes needed to detect and take action on potential malicious behavior across the Podium environment. You will maintain and help develop our SIEM and alerting pipeline, as well as development of alerts and other detection capabilities. You should be a quick learner, a self-starter, and excited to hit the ground running. Your passion for security, detection, threat hunting, and creative problem solving will be key to success in this role.
What you will be doing:
- Management and maintenance of our SIEM and SOAR solutions
- Development of Security Operations processes - detection, alerting, triaging, threat hunting, and incident response
- Working with the rest of the Security team to bolster detection capabilities across the company
- Triage alerts, conduct investigations, and create new alerts to identify malicious behavior
- Become an SME in SIEM operations, threat hunting, and incident investigations
- Become a team lead for the Security Operations team
- Participate in on-call rotation for security alerts
- Attend an annual security conference (i.e., DEF CON, Blackhat, SAINTCON)
- Keep up-to-date on current attack trends and TTPs
What you should have:
- Minimum of 3+ years in a Security role, preferably working in detection or a SOC environment
- Experience using security tools such as: SIEM solutions (Splunk / SumoLogic), Cloud and network IDS solutions, SOAR platforms
- Strong foundational knowledge of computer networking, system administration, AWS operations, and general security attack vectors
What we hope you have:
- Experience in any of these core technologies: Python, Elixir, Lucene query languages, AWS administration, Kubernetes experience
- Basic software development experience
- Familiarity with a broad range of log types, and an ability to quickly learn context and usefulness of new log types
- Been an active member in the security community (e.g. OSS Contributions, OWASP, conference talks, CTFs, etc.)
- Anomaly detection and threat hunting experience
- SIEM management experience
- Transparent culture
- Remote first work setting for Engineering & Product
- Great opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- One time work from home setup allotment
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.