Part time, remote
Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We help people run microschools, where small groups of kids meet, often in a home, and own their education. The model is helping light a fire for kids like Mo (https://youtu.be/g4nLjauGM3U), and we want to empower many more. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners - they choose to learn, develop their gifts, and apply their passion and grit to solve the world’s big problems!
Purpose: The Product Designer will be responsible for crafting experiences for our Students, Guides, and Parents. Our Product Designers work on cross-functional teams with product managers and software engineers on solving business problems and user needs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design experiences and associated web and mobile products to enable our customers to be successful, and ultimately empower learners
- Design and ship high quality product improvements
- Work cross functionally with product management, engineering, and design peers
- Create storyboards, wireframes, and high fidelity prototypes for usability testing and development
- Utilize and contribute to the Prenda Design System and advocate for best practice across the company
- Advocate for intuitive user experiences that strike a balance between business objectives and users’ needs
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in user experience design, interaction design, and visual design.
- Ability to create high fidelity, interactive prototypes and test them with customers to measure their effectiveness, usefulness, and delightfulness
- Experience developing and shipping impactful product experiences
- Ability to think through large, complex systems
- Comfortable executing large projects from discovery to delivery
- A committed lifelong learner dedicated to improving at your craft
- An advanced degree in design, human computer interaction, or an equivalent degree.
- Experience in education technology a plus
- Proficiency with user research, synthesizing and understanding trends and making actionable recommendations based on those findings.
- An analytical approach to testing new features and iterating and evolving the product based on data
Prenda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics, and we encourage applicants of all ages.