Asset Pipeline Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s unique pace. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
We are seeking an experienced Asset Build Pipeline Engineer to join our team and help us create cutting-edge VR simulations. As an Asset Build Pipeline Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the pipeline that handles assets for our simulations. You will work closely with the art and programming teams to ensure that our assets are built efficiently and with the highest quality.
If you are a creative and passionate Asset Build Pipeline Engineer with a love for VR and want to be part of a talented team, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
This role can operate 100% remote, or work with our team headquartered in NYC on a flexible, hybrid schedule.
- Design and develop an asset build pipeline for VR that meets the needs of the art and programming teams.
- Collaborate with the art team to ensure that assets are built in an efficient and optimized manner.
- Work with the programming team to ensure that assets are integrated correctly into the game engine.
- Develop and maintain tools that streamline the asset pipeline and improve workflow efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve asset pipeline issues, including optimization, packaging, and delivery.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in asset build pipelines and VR game development.
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure high-quality standards are met.
- Contribute to documentation of the asset pipeline and ensure that it is up-to-date.
- Review pull requests as needed and ensure best practices are met.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience in game development, with a focus on asset pipelines
- Strong programming skills in Python, C#
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Digital Asset Management experience is a plus
- Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine and their asset pipelines
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software such as Maya or Blender
- Understanding of optimization techniques for game assets
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with VR game development is a plus
- Helix DAM or other DAM systems (Shotguns)
- Understanding of 3D file formats (FBX, USDZ, GLTF) and custom file formats for level editors
- Azure Pipelines / Jenkins or equivalent
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $110 - $140K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com
See more open positions at TransfrVR
Something looks off?