Associate General Counsel
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Transfr is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today.
This is an exciting time! Demand for VR skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction. We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
Position Summary: The Corporate Counsel role at Transfr is responsible for supporting programs that drive proactive risk mitigation, are built to scale in support of Transfr’s growth, and that foster a culture of ethics and compliance. This will be the Company’s first in-house legal counsel and also responsible for managing the company’s external contract negotiations with prospective customers, current customers, and vendors .
As Corporate Counsel, you will play a key role in a variety of legal matters, ranging from drafting and negotiating contracts, structuring partnership opportunities, overseeing the vendor contract processes. As a corporate generalist, you will work with key partners across the business and will be a trusted legal advisor to Transfr’s leadership on both the GTM and Product & Engineering sides of the business.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements with customers and vendors, including strategic partnerships, Independent contractor and subcontractor agreements, and other commercial agreements
- Remain up-to-date on relevant data privacy, IP, cyber-security and data protection laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide excellent legal advice
- Provide concise and commercially astute counsel to the Company’s growing GTM teams
- Support the business with ongoing initiatives including compliance, corporate governance, process improvement, template development and training
- Manage the review, deployment, and use of enterprise tools for Contracts and Data Management Develop and manage relationships with necessary outside counsel, manage ongoing projects, driving on-time and on-budget results.
- Translate legal and privacy regulatory requirements to product and engineering teams.
- Interact with GTM, product, and engineering teams to develop and drive adoption of the compliance programs.
- Provide compliance expertise and collaborate closely with internal partners to design, maintain, and enhance Transfr’s compliance programs, policies, and procedures.
- JD and NY bar membership or registration as an in-house attorney in NY
- Minimum of 3-6 years of relevant experience; in-house experience is essential.
- Experience drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts and directly counseling clients.
- A practical, proactive, creative, and risk-based approach to counseling and negotiating.
- Exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Pragmatically weigh legal risks and benefits of complex situations and propose solutions with tact and maturity.
What we offer
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $160,000 and $190,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role is eligible to additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success.
Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
See more open positions at TransfrVR
Something looks off?