Sr Full Stack Engineer, Dashboards
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Transfr provides engaging, hands-on training in a way that online lectures cannot. We create a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
We produce job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Transfr, you'll have the chance to take this company to the next level by disrupting the traditional classroom to career pipeline. You’ll be working with a group of passionate and innovative individuals who are committed to making a difference in vocational training.
As part of the Dashboard Team, you will be creating new features that will help to empower our customers with additional functionalities and insights into their trainee's VR simulation experiences.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Full-Stack Engineer with experience building web applications that are scalable and performant. In this critical role, you will work closely with the engineering and product teams, building rest APIs with Python and developing new features within our new dashboard to support existing and new product types.
- Collaborate with product management and design to research, design, and code major new features and enhancements that will best engage, educate, and delight customers
- Learn and understand all of the components that make up the Transfr dashboard application
- Identify and implement improvements within existing APIs and dashboards
- Build and support internal tools that improves processes for engineering and other cross functional teams
- Support both QA and VR developers with back-end issues found during the development and release process
- Assist with analyzing and resolving production issues reported by internal stakeholders and customers
- Conduct peer reviews of prospective code changes
- Collaborate with other engineers and contribute to design and development decisions
- Work comfortably in an agile environment
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years' experience working in production as a Full-Stack Engineer
- Experience building REST APIs with Python and framework such as FastAPI or Flask
- Understanding of responsive design
- Basic knowledge of SQL for managing and pulling data from tables
- Some knowledge designing relational databases
- Experience with Git source control
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting
What We Offer:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $140K - $160K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at https://transfrinc.com/
Please provide a link to a storyboard you've created that you are proud of.
See more open positions at TransfrVR
Something looks off?