Sr Unity Engineer, XR Applications
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s unique pace. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
As Transfr’s Senior Engineer, XR, you will lead development of XR gameplay mechanics, engineer spatial designs, and collaborate in a small team environment to design, develop and deploy complex and highly scalable systems required to innovate at breakneck speeds. In this role, you will make an immediate impact building out highly reusable components and interaction mechanics to ensure that our VR experiences satisfy customer requirements, provide a truly immersive and realistic VR experience, exhibit good performance and reflect the best engineering practices in the industry.
The ideal candidate will possess a background in XR/VR/AR/MR for industry or game development, have a true love for learning, and a burning desire to solve hard problems leading to outcomes that change the world.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. The role can operate 100% remote, or work with our team from our office in NYC on a flexible, hybrid schedule.
If you are passionate about VR and want to join a dynamic team working on cutting-edge projects, we encourage you to apply!
- Collaborate to design, develop and deploy high quality XR gameplay mechanics and designs
- Create a common language between developers, artists and designers around the different XR mechanics and spatial designs to make design documents clear and concise
- Deeply understand our existing mechanics and interaction framework to identify interoperability and reusability of new mechanics
- Building and improving tools that make simulation development as easy and intuitive as possible.
- Leverage existing Unity technologies and integrate with other industry standard tools
- Work closely with the other developers, designers, artists, producers, program managers and QA to develop and polish features and training simulations
- Stay in touch with the evolving XR standards and best practices
- Expertise building commercial software using Unity
- Solid understanding of 3D math and physics for game engines
- XR/VR game development or immersive development experience
- Expert level C# development skills and an understanding of how to write performant, scalable and memory efficient code
- Strong communication skills with the ability to thrive working independently in a remote team environment
- Experience with Git or Perforce in the context of game development
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices.
- Strong portfolio showing examples of polished XR/VR mechanics and designs
Nice to have:
- Experience building foundational and reusable frameworks and platforms
- Mobile development/Android Experience
- Shader development
- Previous experience working with remote studios and external vendors
- Experience with Agile, Jira and Confluence
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $120K and $150K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com
See more open positions at TransfrVR
Something looks off?