Curriculum Specialist, Health Sciences
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Transfr is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today.
This is an exciting time! Demand for VR healthcare skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction.
We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
This role will collaborate with Health Sciences stakeholders to promote and deliver exemplary simulation-based healthcare education. The role’s key performance indicators (KPIs) are tied to publishing industry-leading, evidence-based, education that effectively prepares people for health sciences career pathways.
- Serves as a Health Sciences SME for development of evidence-based HS sims which meet applicable healthcare and simulation based health care education standards
- Serves as a liaison/consultant between/to Production Design teams
- Supports content development of HS education with an expertise in development and delivery
- Collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts to design, develop and deploy interactive educational learning solutions
- Serves as a reliable clinical source of information on the latest simulation evidence
- Assures timely dissemination of information and feedback when applicable
- Ensures incorporation of the factors affecting participant engagement within a simulation activity (e.g. learner level, realism, suspension of disbelief, fidelity)
- Utilizes existing frameworks and theories that leverage both health professions education literature and clinical practice
- Balances technology and fidelity to achieve desired simulation learning outcomes
- Assists modality creators in creating features more realistic for healthcare experiences
- Keeps up-to-date with current practices of simulation education through the review of relevant journals, abstracts, and scientific literature
- Assists in monitoring problems, progress and opportunities for improvement
- Leverages measures of fidelity to meet learning outcomes
- Recognizes and reports gaps, needs, and/or opportunities for Health Sciences
- Supports evaluation and quality assurance of educational activities
- Supports business development by attending relevant HS events and interacting with sales team members
- Appraises and assures accurate citation of evidence-based clinical practice standards/guidelines
- Able to accurately evaluate credibility of EBP resources
- Provides expertise for stakeholders to simulation principles, clinical considerations
- Minimum of 3 years experience in healthcare, curriculum design or a related field
- Must be a CHSE - Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator from Society of Simulation in Healthcare
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design or a healthcare related field, or equivalent work experience (Master’s degree preferred)
- Define and articulate the unique criteria for developing and implementing Healthcare simulations
- Experience providing guidance and feedback, implementing processes, and encouraging best practices in curriculum design
- Proven ability to establish objectives, identify problems, analyze data, and creatively deliver solutions
- Experience with project management
- Able to ensure accurate citation of evidence-based clinical practice standards/guidelines
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence, and high performance standards
- Experience designing or developing health sciences training for virtual reality is preferred
- Must be flexible in work assignments and able/willing to apply instructional design to various learning situations
- Track record of achievement, understanding complex issues, translating strategies into actionable plans, and implementing them
- Able to travel to support statewide and national healthcare initiatives
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Customer-oriented mindset, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
See more open positions at TransfrVR
Something looks off?