New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Transfr provides engaging, hands-on training in a way that online lectures cannot. We create a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
We produce job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
We are seeking an exceptional Producer with an unwavering zeal for gaming and education to join our production team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong eagerness to collaborate with fellow team members to craft immersive gaming experiences, while engaging with key stakeholders across various fields.
As a valuable member of our team, you will work closely with our passionate Business, Design, Art, and Dev teams to conceptualize and execute inventive and technical solutions, lend your expertise to enhance the quality of our software, and contribute to every aspect of the VR development cycle.
This full-time role offers the convenience of remote work while still fostering a collaborative environment. While we welcome candidates who can work remotely, we are particularly interested in finding someone who is enthusiastic about working closely with our teams at our NYC headquarters.
- Manage the day-to-day production of up to 3-4 TRANSFR SIMs. Ensure SIM quality, versioning, and delivery.
- Run daily stand-ups with the SIM’s design, production, and development teams to support simulation delivery.
- Review work-in-progress SIMs on a daily basis.
- Work with Sr. Producer(s) to drive progress by continuously optimizing SIM design, production, and development processes.
- Coordinate, facilitate communication, and encourage collaboration with the following internal departments and external vendor teams to ensure SIM delivery: Subject Matter Expert (SME); Instructional Design; XR Design; 3D Art; Sound; Project Management; Engineering
- Track team velocity and provide visibility of SIM status to Sr. Producer(s).
- Educate, reinforce, and document SIM design, production, and development best practices.
- Establish and maintain a healthy team spirit with open communication, constructive feedback culture, easy and lean processes and realistic goals.
- Support Sr. Producer(s) and Executive Producer with recruiting and onboarding new team members.
- 2+ years experience as a Producer in 3D/VFX/Animation/Games productions.
- Strong ability to communicate complex subjects clearly and concisely.
- Ability to identify action items from discussions and drive them to fruition;
- Experience with project management methods and tools (Agile/Scrum, Jira, Confluence) as well as 3D game development softwares (Unity, Git/Perforce, Maya/Blender/Max).
- Strong organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills.
- Experience in coordinating among cross-functional teams; ability to identify key stakeholders and facilitate the teams to reach consensus.
- Passion for VR and TRANSFR’s mission.
Please note: This is NOT a senior or executive position. However, we welcome experienced 3D game producers from all levels to reach out. Folks from traditionally marginalized communities in tech are strongly encouraged to apply.
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $70K and $90K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at https://transfrinc.com/
See more open positions at TransfrVR
Something looks off?