Director of Events, Demand Generation
Administration, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
TRANSFR is looking for a Director of Events. In this role, you will bring Transfr’s brand to life through conferences and special live and virtual events by creating memorable experiences and networking opportunities that drive demand generation and support the company's revenue goals through live and digital events. We’re looking for a tenacious strategic event producer with the ability to impact our inbound revenue marketing models. In this role, you will use your excellent organizational skills to help define and execute our events strategy. Your work will play a central role in our sales and marketing efforts and be critical to achieving our product and revenue goals. This a completely remote position, reporting to our Vice President of Creative, and may require up to 45% travel.
- Work with Creative leadership to execute the strategy, direction, and roadmap for association partnerships, sponsorships, and own the Transfr event experience including special events for clients and prospects.
- Design unique, compelling event experiences that deliver ROI including speaking engagements, workshops, and sponsorship engagements at selected events and through partnerships.
- Collaborate with our Creative and Marketing teams to design and deliver content for virtual and in-person events.
- Collaborate with the Executive Leadership Team and across Product, Marketing, Sales, and Client Success teams to develop strategies and creative approaches for events — including our goals and participation levels.
- Manage scheduling and prioritization of event-related tasks, and track project progress — from start to finish — using Salesforce, Hubspot, and G Suite.
- Evaluate event success based on data and feedback using Salesforce and other tools.
- As needed, work collaboratively to build and support other Marketing, Sales, and Client Success campaigns designed to grow our business.
- Remain deeply aware of our company mission, vision, product goals, and buyer journey, and translate that knowledge into compelling event experiences that inspire prospects and clients to action.
- Work closely with Creative, Finance, Sales, and Marketing leadership to set and execute all events MQL goals, company wide.
- Support the sales teams with lead tracking and suggest processes that can improve the lead-generating experience, as well as support Sales & SDR teams pre, during and post-events.
- 10+ years of experience in event design and execution
- Demonstrated ability to create, manage and execute events.
- Experience with event demand generation and execution.
- Broader marketing lead generation experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with education and/or EdTech conferences, events, and associations preferred.
- You possess excellent communication and presentation skills and can communicate design ideas in concise and clear terms to a multidisciplinary audience.
- You’re a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- You are a natural communicator known for your ability to quickly establish positive working relationships, build strong cross-functional partnerships, and collaborate effectively.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you are tasked with “figuring it out,” chipping in, and taking the initiative to support a fast-growing business.
- Some travel involved
- Managing multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Familiarity with conceiving and executing large-scale and small-scale events in any environment.
- Managing event budgets, attendee lists, and tracking event data.
- Managing a team and producing quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working independently and collaboratively.
- Defaulting to critical and creative thinking when faced with a challenge.
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $135,000 and $165,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role may be eligible for variable compensation and additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success.
Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
See more open positions at TransfrVR
Something looks off?