Senior Research Scientist
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s unique pace. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
The Senior Research Scientist role is responsible for conducting and managing research projects to evaluate the learning content and learning design of our simulations and services. The learning validation and evaluation can include both pre-release and post-release of our products. And it will be a rapid process utilizing existing education theories, learning science theories, user testing, and existing client data. From this process, we can prioritize the simulations for learning outcome measurement (lab-based experimental studies) and for efficacy research reporting. The learning validation research can also leverage partnerships with research universities by conducting and managing collaboration projects with the partnering universities.
- Conduct and manage rigorous research to support learning efficacy and product improvement
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis using multiple data sources (product platform data, surveys, interviews, assessment data, etc.) to inform and advance product development and improvement.
- Capture progress and trends, and make appropriate recommendations and conclusions to improve Transfr products
- Contribute to the discovery and development of learning and analytical models and methods that will be used in the Learning Intelligence team.
- Use statistical/computer programming skills and programs such as R, Python, SPSS, and SAS: to process and link data collected from multiple sources to apply statistical models and analyze data to demonstrate relationships between learner characteristics/segments, their navigation through our simulations, and learning outcomes.
- Adhere to data privacy and security guidelines and regulations.
- Demonstrate research and data expertise and provide necessary research guidelines Identify, establish, and manage collaborations/partnerships with research universities to strengthen our research community and alignment with academic research standards.
- Visualize data analysis results for presentations and reports
- Ph.D. in education psychology, cognitive science, learning analytics, or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience; experience in education companies is a plus.
- Deep understanding of observational, correlational, quasi-experimental, and experimental designs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data using generalized linear models; multivariate analysis techniques; structural equation models; item response models.
- Proficiency in data processing, data mining, and data visualization.
- Fluency in using scientific computing tools like R, Python, SPSS, and SAS.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with educational data mining, A/B testing, and longitudinal research.
- Knowledge of cognitive psychology and educational psychology.
- Interest in, and willingness to apply, agile techniques for undertaking research Problem solving skills, willingness to learn new concepts and methodologies as needed, quickly, and apply them to new problem-solving scenarios.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work remotely with a high degree of autonomy while also contributing to working in a dispersed but collaborative team on high impact problems.
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $120K and $150K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com