Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
TRANSFR is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today. This is an exciting time! Demand for VR skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction. We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
Due to tremendous demand, we are expanding the team and are looking for an extraordinary Assistant Controller to join the team! In this critical role, you will have an immediate impact, directly contributing to achieving our company’s growth goals creating an accounting organization that will scale as our business rapidly grows. Reporting to the VP of Corporate Finance/Controller you will help to bring Accounting in-house from a third-party provider. In addition, you will be the point person on installing Net Suite Financial Systems creating a scaled solution with appropriate segregation of duties and controls.
Our ideal candidate is data-oriented, analytical, and a great communicator and a problem solver by nature who is passionate about accounting in a fast paced environment. This position requires a CPA, ideally someone with Big 4 experience in addition to working in industry.
- Big 4 CPA, with technical experience in SaaS based revenue particularly with experience in ASC404, lease accounting, stock based compensation with the ability to research and implement new technical concepts.
- Previous Net Suite Experience
- Experience managing a team and training/developing staff to implement and perfect new accounting policy and process.
- Help to manage the annual audit.
- Experience with tax compliance
- Prior experience leading an accounting team, Audits and process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA Required
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated track record of developing teams
- Demonstrated success in technical research and application
- Experience in SaaS technology companies and a passion for learning
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Willingness to travel for team events or as needed
What We Offer:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $130k and $150k, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com