Accounting & Finance
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s unique pace. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
Due to tremendous demand, we are expanding the team and are looking for an extraordinary Senior Accountant to join the team!
In this critical role, you will have an immediate impact while directly contributing to achieving our company’s growth goals and creating an accounting organization that will scale as our business rapidly grows. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will help to bring the accounting function in-house from a third-party provider. In addition, you will be a key contributor in implementing NetSuite Financial Systems and creating a scaled solution with appropriate segregation of duties and controls.
Our ideal candidate is data-oriented, analytical, a great communicator, and a problem solver by nature. You should be passionate about accounting and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a CPA, ideally someone with Big 4 experience in addition to working in industry.
* This is a full-time position that offers a hybrid working model.
- Big 4 CPA with technical experience in SaaS-based revenue, particularly ASC 606 and revenue recognition, ASC 842 and lease accounting, and stock-based compensation.
- Ability to research and implement technical accounting standards
- Previous Netsuite Experience
- Experience supporting audits and preparing PBC schedules as well as helping to ensure a timely and smooth month-end close process.
- Familiar with tax compliance
- Prior experience as a Senior Accountant is required, with experience working on audits and process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA Required
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated track record of top performance
- Demonstrated success in technical research and application
- Experience in SaaS technology companies and a passion for learning
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Willingness to travel for team events or as needed
What we offer
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $90,000 and $110,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role may be eligible for variable compensation and additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
Learn more at transfrinc.com