Technical Support Consultant
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
Transfr creates job-training simulations in virtual reality applications designed across multiple industries that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive virtual reality experience training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities. We provide a better way to train individuals in the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
To complement our rapid growth, we are seeking to add a Technical Support Consultant to our organization to assist our customers with technical problems when using our products and services. Responsibilities include resolving customer queries, recommending solutions and guiding product users through features and functionalities. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator who’s able to earn our customers’ trust. This role will help support our objective of being a customer-obsessed and product-focused organization. This position will report to the VP Technical Support & Procurement.
Note: This position can be fully remote, work from anywhere in the U.S., and work up to 6pm PT Monday – Friday. There may be a need to provide coverage for alternating Saturdays in the future with other team members.
- Hands-on technical support role working directly with customers to triage and resolve issues, provide product usability assistance to support high customer utilization and satisfaction.
- Approach each customer interaction with a high sense of urgency, coupled with immense care, empathy, patience, and professionalism.
- Become a product subject matter expert to troubleshoot customer issues, identify path forward, and clearly communicate updates to customers and other stakeholders on developments and fixes throughout the process.
- Act as a liaison between customers, Customer Success Managers, Sales, Engineering, and Product teams to effectively manage the resolution of technical issues and help shape the product roadmap.
- Continue to build and improve upon the existing technical support processes.
- Maintain and update the support Knowledge Base - contribute to content on issue resolution as new products are introduced and update existing articles as the product versions evolve.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 4-6 years of proven experience providing SaaS technical customer support or similar related role.
- Experience utilizing and troubleshooting VR software and/or hardware is a plus.
- Ability to successfully navigate in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-tasking, start-up environment.
- A natural customer advocate mentality with the ability to keep the needs of the customer at the forefront to drive issue resolution and maximize the customer experience.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Technically adaptive, ability to learn new solutions, features / functionality, and communicate those in an easy to understand, value-added way to customers.
- Experience with WiFi network configuration (security solutions / certificates) and the ability to troubleshoot with customers is a plus.
- High-energy self-starter as well as collaborative team player.
- Strong presentation and communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Experience with support, CRM, and ticket platforms (Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.).
- Comfortable engaging with diverse customers with varying levels of technical skills and knowledge.
- Continuous learning mindset and detail-oriented approach to the Transfr mission to create jobs.
What We Offer:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $75,000 and $90,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role may be eligible for variable compensation and additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
Learn more at transfrinc.com