Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s unique pace. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
Due to tremendous demand, we are expanding the team and are looking for an extraordinary Accounts Receivable Specialist to join the team! In this critical role, you will have an immediate impact, directly contributing to achieving our company’s growth goals creating an accounting organization that will scale as our business rapidly grows. Reporting to the Deal Desk Manager you will help to bring Accounting in-house from a third-party provider. In addition, you will be a key contributor on installing Net Suite Financial Systems creating a scaled solution with appropriate segregation of duties and controls.
Our ideal candidate is data-oriented, analytical, and a great communicator and a problem solver by nature who is passionate about accounting in a fast-paced environment. This position prefers someone who has strong critical thinking capabilities, who is able to own the end to end customer billing and collection process including (SalesForce experience, Net Suite AP Experience, Net Gain Experience) and who has excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong Accounting knowledge and experience with invoicing, collections, and the month-end close cycle
- Previous Netsuite experience required and Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience supporting audits and preparing PBC schedules as well as helping to ensure a timely and smooth month end close process
- Experience with cash application and treasury operations
- Familiar with sales tax compliance
- Prior experience in AR (strong accounting skills) is required, with experience designing efficient processes to aid in the month end close schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in a similar role as a top performer
- Experience in SaaS technology companies and a passion for learning
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to train others
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Willingness to travel for team events or as needed
What we offer
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $70,000 and $85,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role may be eligible for variable compensation and additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
Learn more at transfrinc.com