People Business Partner (Product & Engineering)
Product, People & HR
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Transfr is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today.
This is an exciting time! Demand for VR skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction. We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
Summary: As a Business Partner you will support the Product & Engineering team. You will be part of a newly formed team at Transfr, tasked with building out the company’s performance management, internal learning, and training programs. There will be an initial emphasis on Leadership training programs and moving current career path initiatives forward until career paths exist for the entire organization.
* This is a full-time position that offers a hybrid working model.*
TRANSFR Overview video: https://vimeo.com/530517393/d6213fad78
- Build relationships with Product and Engineering leadership and individual contributors in order to support their needs as a trusted partner
- Act as a trusted advisor to department heads, providing guidance on talent management, organizational development, and employee relations.
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to identify, attract, and onboard top-tier talent
- Provide coaching and feedback to managers on performance reviews, goal-setting, and career development.
- Develop and deliver new training and development content including leadership and management skills, soft skills (i.e. conflict resolution, working styles)
- Work with managers and individuals across the business to develop Individual Development Plans (IDP) for all employees over time.
- Develop and deliver presentations, e-learning, and workshops to communicate Transfr’s Talent Development policy, practice, and offerings.
- Manage the day-to-day tracking of this development budget for each team member.
- Support the development of career pathways to grow and retain top talent.
- Support the semi-annual performance review process ensuring both quality of process and timely completion.
- Become an expert in Transfr’s performance management system, Lattice, and be able to support the team in learning the system.
- Own the Company’s engagement survey process using Lattice to ensure we are strategically monitoring organizational health with a focus on team satisfaction and retention.
- Analyze engagement survey data, present data to the leadership team and work with key stakeholders to brainstorm improvements and changes that will better support team development, engagement, and retention.
- Create in-person and virtual experiences, events and workshops that bring together teammates in meaningful and productive ways.
- Support Transfr’s management in developing systems to recognize employees. contributions in alignment with Transfr’s core values.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working as an business partner or generalist specifically with engineering and product teams
- Has worked with all levels of management on their talent development needs
- Has created new programs from scratch, understands importance of collecting input and incorporating feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with maintaining a performance management system, Lattice is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, lead by example, and motivate and influence positive behaviors.
What we offer:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $120,000 and $140,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role may be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success.
Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com